Sunday, September 26, 2004

A Cinderella Story


A Cinderella Story - *

Holy Camp Classic Batman! This 21st century update of the classic Cinderella story is easily the most cliched and campy version yet. With all of the energized cheese of Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, this film is going to be a favorite of both teenaged idiots and smug movie critics (like myself) for years. Hilary Duff (in what I believe is only the second film I've seen her in) is clearly inept at conveying anything beyond the one dimensional teenage twit she portrays on "Lizzie McGuire". Hey, I guess art imitates life. Jennifer Coolidge has got to be one of the least talented actresses in Hollywood though, so I guess Duff's not the worst in this tripe. Who knows, maybe she'll go the way of Lindsay Lohan and get good with age. As is, a pitiful movie, but plenty of fun for camp fans. Thumbs down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home